Griffith & Feil Drug was “Born with the town of Kenova.” The pharmacy has touched three centuries, beginning in September 1892, when Mr. & Mrs. R Ney Williams moved from Blacksburg, Virginia to Kenova and opened a drug store.
Simp Griffith joined the staff in 1921 upon his graduation from Ceredo-Kenova High school, and became a partner with R Ney and Walter Yates in 1930. New pharmacists were added to R Ney Williams Drug in 1936 and 1938 when Dick Griffith & Glen Feil joined the staff.
In 1945, Simp, Dick, and Glen purchased the pharmacy after the deaths of Mr. & Mrs. Williams and later changed the name to Griffith & Feil Drug in 1954. Simp continued working until 1989, a total of 68 years. Glen, retired in 1977 after 39 years. Leonta Griffith Morris kept the books from 1943 until her death in 2001 at the age of 93. Dick continued working in the pharmacy until the age of 92 in 2007. He passed away at the age of 94 in 2009.
Current owner and pharmacist, Ric Griffith, joined the business in 1976. An active member in the community, he has donated countless hours of his time to organizations related to the former Ceredo-Kenova High School and the Spring Valley Timberwolves. Currently, he works in the pharmacy part-time. His daughter, Heidi Griffith Romero, has joined the staff and continues the family tradition of providing pharmacy services and “Caring for the area’s health for over 125 years.”